Sunday 30 May 2010

Amity in Fame

Since starting to listen to Linux Outlaws and Rathole Radio I have come across a fantastic website called Jamendo. For those of us who are unaware of the site it is all unsigned bands. The music is all released under creative commons meaning that it is free to download and distribute, the other advantage is that you can download most of the tracks in Ogg Vorbis format.

PlayOgg


As you will probably not have heard of most of the bands on this site the best way to discover artists you like is to listen to the radio stations of your favourite genre. Over the next while I will post my favourite artists and albums from Jamendo simply to give them a bit of coverage. Not many of the artists offer CDs for sale, however you can donate to these via a button on the artists' Jamendo page.

For my first recommendation I have found an Austrian band called Amity in Fame. Reminds me of the band Live (remember Throwing Copper)

No comments:

Post a Comment